Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tom Myers - In Memorium







Photos of Thomas Myers, Media Technologies Department Chair, known as Tom Myers to his friends and students at the CSN, College of Southern Nevada.A Fine person and an Excellent teacher / instructor / photographer, who left this earth for his heavenly abode in the eternal world. He is greatly missed.I feel very fortunate to have had an opportunity to learn from him at the beginning of my interest in photography when I attended several classes at the CSN that helped me bridge the gap between my utter ignorance of photography and the knowledge that I gained in the subject and reached the stage when I had enough courage to enter my work in galleries and Fine Art Exhibits.In fact I have to admit that it was Tom Myer's teaching that opened my eyes to see and photograph Nature in all its aspects, from scenic vistas to close-ups of flowers and macros of insects.I was geatly encouraged when Tom Myers along with Edie Chiarappa, Media Technlogies Chair at the time, attended my first exhibit at the grand opening of the Old Town Gallery in downtown Henderson, where these photos were taken.Little did I know that I will have to use these pictures in his memorium.

No comments: